Wednesday, August 20, 2008

WTF Wednesday: And you thought your baby was smart

All it took was the reappearance of the Shilo Norman version of Mister Miracle and a quick cameo by freakin' Frankenstein in Final Crisis, but I've been on a real Seven Soldiers kick lately.

To be specific, I'm talking about the characters Grant Morrison dug up, recreated or let spring out fresh and new from his nut-filled head in his Seven Soldiers mega-series. And even though I've been rereading it, I still can't quite put my finger on what it is that makes the series so appealing to me.

Click to Baby Brain-size

Oh, wait ... now I remember: SUPER-INTELLIGENT BABY FIGHTING FAIRIES.

Y'know, rereading this series doesn't make it any less crazy at all.

Panel from Seven Soldiers: The Manhattan Guardian #4
Grant Morrison, writer; Cameron Stewart, artist

2 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

And yet he still feels the need to use a pacifier. Awwwwwwww. :-)

Maxo said...

And those glasses! They must be tiny!